Tuesday, September 14, 2010

SPD?

Our psychologist thinks my daughter may have Sensory Processing Disorder. She certainly does fit the bill for it in many ways. We're waiting on a referral to Occupational Therapy for a thorough evaluation.
He met with her today for the first time. I have met with him alone once and with my husband two additional times before now. Based on everything we have told him, and his meeting with her today, he does think there is something deeper to this than just her being stubborn about things. He will meet with her again next week. For now he will not give me any idea what he thinks it could be, because he says he would still be guessing at this point. Honestly, I'd kind of like him to guess so I can at least know what he is thinking!
I hate waiting, but apparently that is what we must do. In the meantime, we need to work on having more patience with the, uh, idiosyncrasies, because she truly may not be able to help herself.

No comments: