Sunday, July 15, 2007

Anemia incident continued.....

Okay, some of you mentioned taking action against the clinic (writing a letter, or lawsuit-type action if something bad comes of it).... here's my dilemma: We are mi1it@ry and therefore we go to a g0vernment hospital on a mi1it@ry base. The g0v foots our bill and most of the staff are also mi1it@ry. While I could write a letter to the commander or whoever in charge of the hospital, I have to worry that anything I may stir up could fall back badly on my husband. As far as lawsuits go, I'm not even sure it'd be possible in this situation.... anyone know?
I think what I'm going to do (as soon as I remember during business hours) is call the clinic (even though it's a hospital, there are all the different clinics, like OB, peds, radiology, etc) and see what else I can find out about this "low CBC" - if they can give me what exactly was low, like hemoglobin or what - and how low it was. Then I'll look it up on Dr G00gle and see how bad it is, or if I don't really need to worry as much. I'm just concerned because of the possible consequences of the anemia and the fact that they put me on a fairly hefty dose of supplements.
Thanks for all of the concern everyone! Hopefully I am worrying for nothing.... as soon as I know more I will of course let you all know!

No comments: