Monday, August 14, 2006

Birthday Party!

So today (well, yesterday) is my daughter's 2nd birthday. We had a great party with several wonderful friends and good food. The kids are still young enough that they don't require any structured games or anything, which is kind of nice. They all just had a blast playing with all the cool new toys our little sweetie got! I think the biggest hit was the play kitchen her Nana(my mom) got her - it inspired a bit of 'fighting' because everyone wanted to play with it! If I had used my head, I could have waited until some of the other kids were gone before giving it to her, but all things considered (there were 6 young kids) everyone did very well!
Unfortunately our family lives far away and could not be at the party, but we have thankfully found an 'extended family' in our friends and it is so nice to know that they are there for us, to share in this great moments of our lives. It's going to be sad when we have to move again in a few years (hubby is in the military)...... we're really liking it here! We love our new house and neighborhood, and we've made some truly wonderful friends!

No comments: