Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I'm leaving on a jet plane....

don't know when I'll be back again...... oh okay, yes I do, but the song popped into my head so I went with it. Anyways, I'll be leaving Sunday the 27th to fly north to hopefully say my goodbyes to my grandpa. Everyone seems doubtful that he will make it until then, but I am trying to stay optimistic. I really want to see him again, even though I know he is 'not himself'. I also really want my daughter to see her great-grandpa again, even though she will probably not remember it when she is older. My grandpa has a special 'rapport' with all the great-grandkids. When we last visited, my daughter was a little leary of everyone because she does not know our family that well, living so far away. But she went right to my grandpa and was totally loving on him! It really made his day!

No comments: