Wednesday, August 16, 2006

HSG update

Okay, so my HSG went pretty well today. Compared to last time, the pain was surprisingly bearable. I'm not sure if it's because the doctor injected the dye slowly, compared to the last time when they just shot a bunch of it in at once, or if it has something to do with my prior knowledge of the procedure - meaning that I knew they were full of s**t when they said all you need is some motrin before the procedure and you'll just get some mild period-like cramps. Knowing they are full of s**t, I took the motrin..... along with 2 muscle relaxers and a vicodin, left over from my last back injury! So although I didn't feel any effects of the meds, they must have made a difference!
Don't get me wrong, the procedure was far from a piece of cake - when the doctor attached the clamp to my cervix I wanted to punch him but the immediate cramping that started held me immobile long enough for me to realize that punching the doctor would not make the procedure go any quicker! Anyways, the dye went in, I rolled left, I rolled right, the dye spilled over on both sides and everything looked great! And when it was all over, the doctor was kind enough to remember to remove the clamp from my cervix before pulling all the 'gear' out, which they unfortunately forgot to do last time. Seriously, how can you forget that you attached a clamp to someone's cervix like 10 minutes before! But anyways, that was last time....... and I'm sure I've ranted about that enough!

1 comment:

MamaChristy said...

I'm so glad everything went well. One more thing to cross off the list on the infertility journey!