Friday, January 12, 2007

Good news!

One of my good friends is pregnant again. Bet you thought I was going to say I was! Yeah, unless I'm at the right time in my IUI cycle, there's no chance of that happening. Ever.

I hate to admit it, but I cried (and not tears of joy) when I read the news (via email, which I admit is my preference because it gives me time to recover before needing to respond)). It's so horrible to say, but it was like a slap in the face.

It's not that I'm not happy for her, because I am. She's a wonderful mother and a great person and she truly deserves to have another child. It's just hard to be happy when I'm at the beginning or another crappy cycle of mind- and body-altering drugs to try to achieve the same thing. Again. It just seems so unfair.

By the way, the worst things to say to an infertile: Any version of "God has another plan for you" or "Just relax" or "It's just not your time yet" or "Why don't you adopt? Then you'll get pregnant.". So please don't leave me any comments like that because I have a nice bitchy rebuttal for each of them. Feel free to leave almost any other kind of comment.

I haven't left an update on my cycle in awhile, so here it is. I took my last Provera last night (hence some of the bitchy feelings, can't blame it all on the drugs) so now I am just waiting for AF to make an appearance. Hopefully that will be this weekend and then come Tuesday I can go in for my baselines.

P.S. I don't think this friend reads my blog, but if so, please forgive me! I really am happy for you! I'm just feeling sorry for myself.

1 comment:

PCOSMama said...

Noone you know..... a friend from our last state of residence.