Thursday, January 04, 2007

Life with a sick toddler......

SUCKS! When an adult is sick, they rest on the couch or sleep as much as they can. What does a sick toddler do? Coughs all over you, sneezes snot all over the place, then runs so you can't wipe their nose before it gets all the way down their chin and on their hands. Rest? Ha! My toddler is sneezing globs of snot out of her nose every 5-10 minutes, coughing and gagging on the phlegm at least a couple times an hour, her eyes are red and watery, she's wheezing and I can't seem to get her fever under 100, but she doesn't want to rest. She wants to pull out all of her toys and spread them around the room. And rub snot all over them. Yuck. It is going to take days for me to get everything cleaned and disinfected once she gets over this.

As soon as she finishes lunch, I'm putting her in the car for a nap. Forget fighting with her to nap in my bed, I haven't got the energy. I think I see a trip to St@rbucks in my near future.... I may not make it through the day otherwise! Having a sick toddler is exhausting!

P.S. For those of you wondering why I don't take her to the doctor...... I've called at 6:30am for 2 days now and they have no appointments. I finally got one scheduled for 8am tomorrow, which will mean waking her up way early (though she was up around 7:30 today so who knows). I wonder if I should even bother with the doctor, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. It won't be the first time someone has brought their kid in with what turns out to just be a cold. But I can't keep my hyperactive mind from seeing signs of bronchitis or pneumonia.

1 comment:

MamaChristy said...

Yeah. Hang in there! The boy has sneezed four times today - no slime yet - and I'm afraid I'm in for it as well.I guess I'll see you some time in February...

Make your darling hubby give you a break so that your defences don't go south and here's hoping for a return to health for your chick-a-dee soon.