Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy snotty new year!

Happy new year everyone! Hope everyone had a safe and fun holiday. Ours was pretty uneventful. Sat around and drank and played heroscape. My drink of choice was Dis@rono, which I highly recommend to those of you who enjoy sweet syrupy liquor! Keep the bottle at room temperature so you can pour it over ice. The melting ice will cool it down and water it down just enough to be not too strong on the palate. Without losing the great flavor!

Anyways, the reason I said happy snotty new year is because that is how my new year has begun. My husband was sick for a couple days last week and found out he had tonsilitis, which to me is the same darn thing as strep throat. We took every precaution to make sure our daughter didn't get it and it seems to have worked..... however, we have no control over what she picks up while we are at Sea World, or the zoo, or feeding the ducks, or the wildlife safari (all things we've done recently) or wherever she picked up this wonderful thing she has now. Started out yesterday with a fever and a phlegmy sounding cough. Today it has progressed to a fever, cough, frequent sneezing, and constant snot running out of her nose. Very gross. And I admit it, I am one of those people who is grossed out by a child's snot. I can handle it in small doses, but not when it gets so bad that it is running all down the face and then they touch it and it gets stretched out onto their hands. Yuck yuck double yuck. So I find myself wiping my daughters nose every 5 minutes. I'm going to get tired of this quick and her poor little nose is going to get raw! I'm definitely going to have to get the hubby to pick up some tissue with lotion in it on his way home. Poor little thing! I've heard this sort of thing is going around, so I hope you are all being very diligent about washing your hands! Trust me, you don't want this in your house!

5 more days until I am supposed to start the provera to induce my next cycle to start. I'm supposed to start taking them on my birthday, the 8th, but I think I'm going to start on the 7th, just because I'd rather start them on a Sunday. I take them for 5 days again and hopefully AF will show just as quickly this time (last time she showed about 2 days after the last pill). So, if everything goes according to plan, we will be starting our next IUI cycle around the 15th of this month.

That's about all that's going on here right now..... I may write more later if I get completely bored being stuck in the house!

No comments: