Monday, April 02, 2007

Yes, I'm alive

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the support! I am feeling much better now. Took me about 3 days of bedrest, alternating between freezing and sweating my patooty off, and by Saturday I was convinced I had strep throat so I started on some penicillin I had, and by Sunday I was much better. Today I am even better, though not a complete 100%, and I will run out of penicillin tonight. Thought I'd just see what happened when I ran out, but now I'm thinking I should call the doc tomorrow and beg for more. I'm just thinking they aren't going to give it to me. It's hard enough to get meds out of these people even if you go in with a genuine illness or pain, so I can't see them giving me penicillin without seeing the strep for themselves. But I guess it can't hurt to leave a message and ask.

Anyways, the good thing about being sick is that the first week of my 2 week wait passed by pretty quick! I'm still having some pain, on my lower left side of my abdomen mainly. It's tender to the touch and certain movements. I'm hoping it is a good thing and not a bad thing. I'm trying not to stress about whether or not I am pregnant. I know implantation can take place anytime now but I'm trying not to think about it. See? This is how good I'm doing at not thinking about it - I can't stop talking about it! I've been telling myself I will wait until 12 days after the IUI to test, but I never make it that long. Last cycle AF arrived between 12 and 13 days after the IUI so I guess I could just wait and see if that happens again, and if not, test. But I know me, and I will probably start testing at 10dpiui. Which is Thursday. OMG, I can test as soon as Thursday?! No, I should wait. We have company coming Thursday and staying overnight.... might make it hard to test Friday morning. I'd hate to wait until Saturday. I'm not that patient. So maybe I will have to test Thursday. Hey, I buy extra tests for a reason right?

No comments: