Sunday, November 26, 2006

OPK BFN

Against my better judgement, I used an Ovulation Predictor Kit this morning. Actually got my hopes up when a line appeared in the test window. My husband came in as I was reading the results and he got excited too. Then I read the instructions more thoroughly and discovered that an OPK is not like a pregnancy test. With a pregnancy test, any line in the test window indicates a positive result. With an OPK, the line in the test window has to be as dark as or darker than the line in the reference window (I can't think if what it is actually called). So, even though I had a line in the test window, it was much lighter than the other line, so my results were negative. I should have gone with my instincts and not even done the stupid test. I had planned on just telling the doc that I forgot or something, because I didn't want to get myself down before I actually go in to the doctor tomorrow to find out if the meds are working.
I'll post an update sometime in the next day or two about what happens at the doc tomorrow. I'm anticipating bad news though so don't start biting your nails in anticipation or anything!

No comments: