Monday, March 05, 2007

I see a break in the clouds....

I'm feeling much better today. My voice is almost back to normal and I'm not coughing very often. So far my daughter seems to have avoided the billions of germs I have sprayed into the air for almost 2 weeks. Hubby on the other hand, is feeling a bit down today. Hopefully it is just a regular cold and not what I had. He's got a trip coming up for work (leaving Thursday) so he really can't be sick right now. But at least it looks like I won't be sick while I'm the only one to take care of our daughter 24/7 for almost 2 weeks!

My cat has stopped using his injured leg. He now hops around the house. It's cute, but we're really worried about him. I'll be dropping him off at the vet Thursday and he is going to have a colleague of his evaluate our cat and see if he comes up with the same diagnosis, without prior info. Then from there they will re-evaluate him for surgery. We really don't want him to go through another surgery - he doesn't do well with stitches (pulls them out), he's getting old (13), and he's already had 2 surgeries on that leg to remove tumors in the past 6 months or so. Plus, I hate to say it, but he's wreaking havoc on our check book. His two other surgeries cost us around $1000 total and we just put out another $300 for x-rays and multiple visits to determine what's wrong and meds. I'm not saying we won't get him the surgery if he needs it, but geez, can we get a break here please?

So far the 2 week wait hasn't been bad. Probably because it has only been 5 days and those have passed pretty quickly with being sick. Another week and I can take an hpt. I can't wait! And yet, I'm also dreading it!

No comments: