Thursday, March 22, 2007

Itchy trigger finger

Okay, so I thought I would be triggering today.... if not today, definitely tomorrow. But, it's looking like that's not going to happen. Today I had both good and bad news at my scan. The good news? I have 6 follicles over 10mm with the biggest being 13.4mm. The bad news? I have 6 follicles over 10mm and the biggest is only 13.4mm. So really all 6 of those could make it to maturity, but I'm concerned about all the ones smaller than 10mm. If any of them decide to grow, I'll be canceled this cycle. Doc said they will allow from 5-7 follicles to mature before they will cancel you. That's certainly more than I was expecting. But, the doc did seem concerned that I could end up being canceled too, so he is having me do just 1amp of the Gonal-F tonight and come back tomorrow for labs and a scan again. He's hoping to get the lead follicle to 15mm tomorrow then have me trigger on Saturday. I'm concerned that if I only do 1amp tonight I will either not have any growth, or only the 1 follicle will grow. I've never had any luck with 1 amp, always with 2amps.

So, here is my dilemma..... do I just do the 1amp and hope for the best, or do I take matters into my own hands, play dumb as if I forgot, and do 2 amps. I don't even think they would know if I did, but should I assume the doc knows best and take the chance that I won't get more than 1 mature follicle, if that? Or take a chance and do the 2amps and take the chance some of those under 10mm follicles will grow and I'll get canceled? As everyone knows, my odds of pregnancy increase with the number of follicles..... since I had 3 last cycle and didn't conceive, it seems reasonable to ask for (try for) more this time. What do you think?

1 comment:

MamaChristy said...

You know my opinion! :)

I'm praying that it works out for you...